Welcome to the privacy notice of NICK CHAMPION LIMITED trading as NICK CHAMPION.
This privacy notice sets out how we will process personal data we collect from or about you, or which you provide to us. Please read this notice carefully to understand why data is being collected and what we do with that data.
Our website and services may contain links to independent websites which are not provided by us. Such independent sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for and have not checked and approved their content or their privacy policies.
We may change the privacy notice from time to time by amending this page.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016/679, the data controller is NICK CHAMPION LIMITED a company registered in England under company number 6146483, whose registered address 16 TEME STREET, TENBURY WELLS, WORCESTERSHIRE, WR15 8BA.
What type of information will we collect from you?
The personal information we collect from you will typically include the following:
• Full name and contact details (including your contact number, email and postal address)
• Information relating to your identity where we are required by law to collect this to comply with the Money Laundering Regulations 2017 and the Immigration Act
• Information on your close connections where we are required to conduct conflicts of interests under regulatory obligations
• Your banking details where required such as where you are letting a property or, where renting, to set up an approved tenancy deposit account for you and arrange for rental payments
• Information on any access requirements you have necessary to enable us to find suitable properties for you, which may consist of special category personal data comprising details of any disability or other health information about you
• Details about your areas of interest where we wish to send you marketing information about similar products and services
• Other technical information, including what devices you use to connect to our App, device location data where this function is not disabled by you on your device, the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
• Your communications with us, including a record of the email or telephone correspondence created when you contact us as part of a product or service query
Where we need to collect personal data by law (for example to meet our obligations to prevent fraud and money laundering) or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with our services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
On what basis can we process your information?
The legal grounds under data protection legislation for processing your personal data are as follows:
• It is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or to take steps prior to entering into a contract with you, for us to provide you with our products and services
• You have given us explicit consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes, namely 1) where you have given us consent to receive electronic marketing by us and/or 2) to process your Special Category Personal Data described above. You do not need to provide us with marketing consent in order to receive our services
• It is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, except where our interests are overridden by the interests, rights or freedoms of affected individuals (such as you). To determine this we shall consider a number of factors, such as what you were told at the time you provided your data, what your expectations are about the processing of the data, the nature of the data, and the impact of the processing on you. Our legitimate interests include processing necessary to improve and to promote our services and product and to better understand our customers’ interests and knowledge of the property market and to administer the technical aspects of our service and products.
• Where we need to comply with a legal obligation; or in rare circumstances
• Where we need to protect your interests (or someone else's interests); and/or
• Where it is needed in the public interest or for official purposes
What are we going to do with your information?
We will hold and use personal information about you in the following ways:
• To fulfil our obligations to you when providing you with our property services
• To share your information with others where necessary to fulfil our property services for you or where acting as agent for a third party on your behalf
• To comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations, including verifying your identity, prevention of fraud and money laundering and to assess your credit worthiness
• Communicate with you during the course of providing our services, for example with your enquiries and requests
• Statistical purposes so we can analyse figures to help us manage our business and plan strategically for the future
• To provide you, or to enable third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you, where you have provided permission for us to do so or, if you are an existing customer only, where we choose to contact you by electronic means (including e-mail or SMS) with information about our own goods and services similar to those which you have already obtained from us or negotiated to obtain from us . For those marketing messages you can unsubscribe at any time
• Track your use of our service including your use of our App in order to improve these
• To notify you about changes to our service
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
How long we keep your data for
We will retain your personal data for different periods depending on the service you have chosen to use us for, which may be a longer period than that for which we need to hold your data to provide those services, i.e. where we are under regulatory or statutory duties to hold your data for a longer period or need to retain it in the event of a legal claim or complaint.
Who your information will be shared with
We will pass your details to the following organisations (our “data processors”) who carry out certain activities on our behalf as part of us providing our services including James Ford Design, 7Y Technology, WyeNet, Tenant Shop, Rentshield Direct, Smart Search, Jupix.
We will also pass your details where necessary to your property solicitors and those of the other party to your transaction. We will also disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If our company or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes without first obtaining your prior consent.
Security of your data
Your data will be held on secure servers within the European Economic Area ("EEA") with all reasonable technological and operation measures put in place to safeguard it from unauthorised access. Where possible any identifiable information will be encrypted or minimised.
If we have given you a username and password which enables you to access certain parts of your matter on our systems, you are responsible for keeping it confidential. Please do not share it with anyone.
How you can access and update your information
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, known as a data subject access request. You also have the right to request that information we hold about you which may be incorrect, or which has been changed since you first told us, is updated or removed. These requests are free of charge and can be sent to MISS SOPHIE CHAMPION OF NICK CHAMPION LIMITED, 16 TEME STREET, TENBURY WELLS, WORCESTERSHIRE, WR15 8BA.
How you can request erasure of your data
You can ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where you have withdrawn consent for us to process it (as explained below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
How you can withdraw your consent
You have the right at any time to withdraw any consent you have given us to process your personal data. Please note if you withdraw your consent it will not affect the lawfulness of any processing of your personal data we have carried out before you withdrew your consent. Should you wish to do so you can change your consent preferences at any by contacting MISS SOPHIE CHAMPION by post to NICK CHAMPION LIMITED, 16 TEME STREET, TENBURY WELLS, WORCESTERSHIRE, WR15 8BA; or by E-MAIL: email@example.com
How you can restrict or object to us using your data
You can ask us to suspend the way in which we are using your information in certain scenarios, or object to our processing your data where we are relying on a legitimate interest ground (or those of a third party) and you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms, or where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases where you object, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Please note that if you want us to restrict or stop processing your data this may impact on our ability to provide our services. Depending on the extent of your request we may be unable to continue providing you with our service.
Any queries or concerns about the way in which your data is being used can be sent to MISS SOPHIE CHAMPION by post to NICK CHAMPION LIMITED, 16 TEME STREET, TENBURY WELLS, WORCESTERSHIRE, WR15 8BA; or by E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Moving your information to another organisation
In the event that we process your data by automated means where you have either provided us with consent for us to use your information or where we used the information to perform a contract with you, you have the right to request that we send to you or to another organisation, a copy of the personal data we hold about you, for example when you are dealing with a different service provider. If you would like us to move, copy, or transfer your information please let us know by email to email@example.com . We will respond to you within one month after assessing whether this is possible, taking into account the technical compatibility with the other organisation in question.
Complaints about the use of your personal data
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us to have the matter investigated by writing to MISS SOPHIE CHAMPION by post to NICK CHAMPION LIMITED, 16 TEME STREET, TENBURY WELLS, WORCESTERSHIRE, WR15 8BA; or by E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the UK data protection regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further details can be found at www.ico.org.uk or 0303 123 1113.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files that are placed and stored on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are very useful because they enable a user to be recognised. Cookies undertake a number of useful tasks, including improving security of a website and general user experience.
Cookies are either: i) session specific, which means that they are deleted from your computer once the session and browser are closed; or (ii) permanent, meaning that they will remain resident on your computer until they are removed.
What cookies do our websites use?
Our websites use both session and permanent cookies. This website uses any of the following groups of cookies:
Process – Process cookies help make a website function and deliver the services that the website visitor expects to receive, such as navigation, access to secure areas etc. These cookies are necessary and without them the website will not function properly.
Preference – Preference cookies allow a website to remember a user’s preferences in relation to the website such as language, font size, currency, region etc. These cookies are not vital but enhance a user’s experience.
Security – Security cookies are used to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent use of login credentials, protect user data from unauthorised parties etc. These cookies are vital to Nick Champion’s secure website.
Advertising – Advertising cookies enable adverts presented on a website to be targeted to a specific user. These cookies will collect certain information on the user, such as: type of websites visited; choices made on websites etc. which is then in turn used to determine what adverts should be presented.
Performance – Performance cookies collect information about how the user interacts with a website. This may include the pages a user visits most often, the activity of the user on the website and how often the user returns. This information is normally used in an anonymised way and the data collected is used to help improve the site and browsing experience.
Your choice with respect to cookies
As a default, most browsers are set to accept cookies. However, if you do not wish to consent to cookies being stored on your computer, you are able to block all or certain cookies by changing your browser settings. If you decide to block cookies you may find that you experience interruption or delays to your browsing experience and cannot use or access certain areas of a website.
For details on what your browser offers and how to configure your browser according to your choices, please go to the “Help” menu or other dedicated section of your internet browser.
Please note: blocking the installation of cookies on your computer will not remove all advertisements from websites you visit. Your refusal to accept these cookies will only prevent the customisation of such advertisements to your areas of interest as deducted from your browsing behaviour.
More information about cookies generally and how cookies can be controlled can be found at http://youronlinechoices.com/
Please note: If your computer is used by more than one person or has multiple internet browsers, it is possible that some of your choices relating to cookies may not be permanent. This is because either: i) you are using a different browser; or ii) a third party has changed the settings of your browser. We are unable to control these factors and therefore cannot guarantee the permanence of the choices you make.
What monitoring technology do we use on our websites?
Occasionally, we use monitoring technology to track and monitor your activities on our websites. This technology works in a similar way to Advertising Cookies but does not store anything on your computer and does not monitor your activities on any other websites.
We may use monitoring technology to collect and store information about how you access and use our websites, for example: when and for how long you accessed our website and what pages you browsed. Some of the information we collect is anonymous, statistical data, and some is information about your activities as an individual user. We monitor and track your activities in this way for a variety of purposes, including for compliance with our regulatory and legal obligations and to provide better services to you. The information we collect may be used for marketing purposes.
Your choice with respect to marketing